Direct selling industry has revolutionized the whole concept of trading all over the world. In late 18th century the concept of direct selling came into being and so as the time passes technology has totally changed it.
Before we continue furthermore, it is important for us to better understand what direct selling is and how it works?
Direct selling is a retail channel used by top global brands and smaller entrepreneurial companies to market products and services to consumers. Companies market all types of goods and services, including jewelry, cookware, nutrition's, cosmetics, housewares, energy, insurance & much more.
The direct selling channel differs from broader retail in an important way. It isn’t only about getting great products and services into consumers’ hands. It’s also an avenue where entrepreneurial-minded peoples can work independently to build a business with low start-up and overhead costs.
Direct selling consultants work on their own, but affiliate with a company that uses the channel, retaining the freedom to run a business on their own terms. Consultants forge strong personal relationships with prospective customers, primarily through face-to-face discussions and demonstrations. In this age of social networking, direct selling is a go-to market strategy that, for many companies and product lines, may be more effective than traditional advertising or securing premium shelf space.
Almost 89% of direct sellers work as a part time and they build an economy whose foundation is built upon entrepreneurial spirit and independent work.
DIRECT SELLING – THE NECESSITY OF TODAY’S ERA
During a recent exploration, we came across a DSA trend report from 2016. It’s interesting to compare where the direct selling industry was five years ago as a way to frame 2021 trends, the acceleration of change we are experiencing, and what direct selling organizations are doing to remain competitive.
The traditional way of buying and shopping is totally digital now and this is only because of direct selling industry. In 2016, direct selling was positioned to enhance the in-person shopping experience and convert new customers through personal experiences.
Direct selling benefits each and every sector of the community whether it is a consumer of the product or company, direct seller, state & society.
- Consumer gets the Opportunity to try and test the products;
- Tailored made demonstration and consultation in a friendly environment;
- Personalized delivery at corporate outlets, home or at office;
- Right to withdraw the purchase within a given period (additional protection);
- Direct contact with the seller;
- Guarantee and after sales service;
- Flexible buying hours.
And not only has the consumer, the direct seller also got the benefits from this beautiful industry.
- Possibility to establish and to run own business at minimum cost/ low risk;
- Convenient flexible earning opportunities;
- Flexibility to choose own working hours;
- Spouses or family members can be partners in business (family business);
- Adjustable opportunities ranging from part-time to full-time activity;
- No formal qualifications required;
- Adequate training and support from company;
- Large range of products available;
- Social contact and personal recognition.
Direct selling can solve many problems of the society such as.
- Creates earning opportunities (mainly part-time) and facilitate economy;
- A channel of distribution away from large retail distribution unities;
- Creates micro-enterprises;
- Introduces self-employment;
- Develops entrepreneurship;
- Contribute to national economic welfare.
- Self-employment opportunities;
- No gender, age, ethnicity and disability discrimination;
- Offers alternatives to large outlets.
GET STARTED IN DIRECT SELLING INDUSTRY
A person can easily start his own business in this industry by simply buying a product or a service from a direct selling company.
Starting your business in direct selling company mean buying into an existing program.
- Choose Your Product to Buy.
- Study and Understand Company’s Business Plan.
- Get Basic Training from Your Introducer.
- Attend Company’s Training/ Business Seminars.
- Establish Own Business Entity by Making your Team.
- Write Your Story and Solve a Need.
FUTURE OF DIRECT SELLING INDUSTRY
The future of such a beautiful industry is very bright all over the world. From 2000 to 2010 this era was the struggling phase of this industry, 2011 to 2020 was developing phase & Now 2021 to 2030 is the golden time for this industry.
As the technology is taking over the world, doing business has become very easy . Now you can expand your business all over the world and in Pakistan, Hopestake (Pvt) Ltd is working day and night to regulate such a beautiful industry.